VANCOUVER SATSANG PROGRAMPlease see the Satsang Program brochure here in English, Punjabi, and French
Saturday, July 30th and Sunday, July 31st, 2022
|Gates open at:||5:30 am|
|Hall opens for seating:||6:00 am|
|Shabads start:||8:00 am|
|Please be seated by:||8:45 am|
|Satsang starts:||9:30 am|
|Satsang finishes by:||11:00 am|
|Site closes:||2:00 pm|
- Residents of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, the Yukon Territory, and the Northwest Territories are invited to attend the Vancouver Satsang Program. No one from Western Canada may attend the Toronto Satsang Program.
- Residents of Washington, Oregon, Montana and Idaho have been given the choice to attend Master's Satsang Program either in Vancouver or in Petaluma. No one may attend both programs and no one from any other U.S. state may attend the Vancouver Satsang Program. In light of COVID-19, individuals planning to cross the border should check the requirements at: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada
NO STOPPING TO DROPOFF ON THE HIGHWAY (176th ST.)
A QUICK ENTRY TO THE SITE IS AVAILABLE FOR DROP-OFFS AND PICK-UPS.
SATSANG PROGRAM – Each day there will be a spiritual discourse beginning at 9:30 am, followed by a question and answer session.
ARRIVAL TIME – Please do not arrive at the site prior to 5:30 am. Earlier arrival may cause safety and traffic hazards. There will be no facilities available for the comfort of the sangat until the gates are open. Please give your kind understanding and allow proper time for sevadars to arrive and prepare the site. Those who have arrived early will not be admitted to the Satsang Hall until the posted opening time.
SEATING – The sangat must be seated by 8:45 am. People who would like to be seated together should arrive together. Reserving or holding seats for others will NOT be permitted. For the safety and comfort of everyone, please cooperate with sevadars.
SIMULTANEOUS TRANSLATIONS – There will be simultaneous translation from Punjabi into English and English into Punjabi. Designated seating areas in the Satsang Hall with headphones have been arranged for this purpose. Please note that there is limited seating in these areas so seating will be available on a first-come first-served basis.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS – After the discourse, there will be a question and answer session. Those who wish to ask a question of the Master will be selected through a random draw each day before satsang. The selection area will open at 7:00 am and close at 8:15 am after which the selection will take place. If you wish to ask a question, find your seat and then come to the question and answer selection area at the back of the hall. If you are not selected you must return to your seat. Once the selection is complete, no one may join the question and answer line.
Question and answer guidelines
The Dera has asked that the following information be provided with regard to questions:
- Questioners must be 18 years of age or older.
- Questions should be short and precise.
- Only one question should be asked.
- Questions should be spiritual in nature and not about personal, financial, health, family, or political problems.
- Questions should not be asked on behalf of others.
- Long notes, poems or letters should not be read out, nor should there be any singing of shabads or songs.
- Do not interrupt the Master while he is answering your question; let him finish speaking before responding.
Requests of the audience
- There shoud be no clapping at any time during the program.
- Please respect the privacy of those asking questions and do not turn to look at the person asking a question.
RESTRICTED ITEMS – Mobile phones, smart watches, fitness trackers, pagers, cameras, binoculars, laser pointers, MP3 players including iPods, audio video recorders, electronic games or any other electronic items MUST NOT be brought into the premises (Satsang Hall, Family Area and surrounding areas). Any such items brought to the site must be deposited at the information tables.
- Photography and audio/video recording using any electronic device including mobile phones is NOT permitted anywhere on the property.
- Large bags and purses (measuring over approximately 6" x 9") and food and drinks (other than water) will NOT be permitted inside the Satsang Hall. Please note that all bags are subject to inspection either upon entry to the satsang area or Family Area.
NOTE TAKING – It is the Master’s wish that we take full advantage of his presence and not spend time and attention taking notes. You are kindly asked to refrain from taking notes during satsang and question and answer sessions. The taking of notes and passing of such notes to others by any means, including the Internet, is strongly discouraged.
DROP OFF, PARKING, AND EXIT – A quick entry to the site is available for quick drop-offs and pick-ups. No left turns and no stopping to drop-off on the highway (176th St.). Shuttle buses will be available for the elderly and those with special needs from remote parking areas, closer to the satsang hall. Please be patient when exiting the site and follow the instructions of the sevadars. Taxis will be available after satsang. It is suggested that departing flights should be booked with departure time at least 6 hours after the end of the program.
ATTENDING SATSANG WITH CHILDREN – Children 10-15 years of age are permitted to attend satsang accompanied by a parent or guardian. Children under 10 years of age must go to the Family Area accompanied by a parent or guardian. Please see the Family Area page for additional information. Young people 16-18 may attend satsang.
SPECIAL NEEDS – Assistance will be provided for those with special needs. When you arrive, please follow the signs for Special Needs drop off and parking. The Centre is unable to provide medical equipment, such as wheelchairs or walkers for personal use. Please bring what you need. Please refer to the Special Needs page for additional information and the Special Needs Application.
FOOD – The sangat will be served a bag lunch that will contain 1 wrap, fruit, a juice box, and a cereal bar at a cost of $4. You may also bring your own lacto-vegetarian food.
ATTIRE, PERFUME, SCENTS, SMOKING AND PETS – Due to long distances from parking areas, flat walking shoes are advised. Weather is unpredictable. Dress in layers and bring a warm jacket, sunscreen, and umbrella.Please be considerate of others with health issues (allergies, asthma, etc.) and avoid wearing any perfumes or other scents. The entire satsang property is a no smoking zone. No smoking in any form including e-cigarettes and e-pipes is allowed on the satsang property. Pets other than certified service animals are not allowed anywhere on the satsang property.